Saturday, May 1, 2010

Low Fat Corn and Zucchini Soup

Mornings are business as usual with interactions with my team located in India and the time usually flies. Cornflakes and oats are great breakfast items especially when you are working. During weekends, N gets up late so there is only direct lunch, which gives me some free time in the mornings. But the rest of day is packed with all my cooking experiments (that is how N likes to call it). With my current dieting plan, I have been searching for simple and easy recipes. I have been searching for low calorie and low fat recipes in foodnetwork.com when I came across this Creamy Corn and Vegetable Soup. I adapted the recipe to make Corn and Zucchini soup. Here we go with my adaptation:




Ingredients

Corn Kernels - 1 cup (I used the frozen, thawed)
Skim Milk - 1 cup (I used 1%)
Onion - 1/4 cup (chopped finely)
Zucchini - 1 (medium sized, grated)
Water - 2 cups
Salt - as per taste
Ground black pepper - as per taste
Oil - 1 tsp

Preparation

Blend corn kernels and skim milk until smooth and keep aside. Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute till onions are tender. Add zucchini and stir till zucchini is tender, about 3 minutes. Add water and bring to a boil. Add salt. Allow it to simmer for 5-7 minutes. Add pureed corn until warmed. Do not allow it come to a boil. Season with pepper.

Corn & Zucchini soup is ready and yummy!!!

Since this gets done in less than 20 minutes, I am sending this to Twenty-20 Cooking Event

1 comment:

Niloufer Riyaz said...

the soup looks yummy n its healthy too

Similar Posts