Saturday, April 24, 2010

Eggless Cornbread Muffin



I thought muffins were usually sweet. But when I chanced upon a savory cornbread and muffin mix, I immediately picked it up. I don't know why but I always thought of Corn Bread to be similar to Indian Dhokla but with a crust. I did this for breakfast but eventually had it for lunch along with spicy peas masala. I used Betty Crocker Cornbread and Muffin Mix.



Ingredients

Betty Crocker Cornbread and Muffin Mix 6.5 oz packet - 1
Milk - 1/4 cup
Butter (can use margarine instead of butter) - 2 tbsp
Vinegar - 1 tbsp
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Corn Kernels - 1/2 cup
Cheese - 1/4 cup (optional)
Chopped Parsley - 2 tbsp

Preparation

Heat oven to 400F. Stir muffin mix, melted butter, vinegar, baking soda, corn kernels and parsley. Spoon butter into greased muffin cups. (If you are using cheese, top the batter with cheese after placing in the muffin cups). Bake 15-18 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.  Mine got done in 17 minutes with a nice gold crust.

Eggless Cornbread Muffins are ready and yummy!!!

~ Ramya

No comments:

Similar Posts