Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Muffins using Microwave

Whenever I saw all my fellow bloggers baking beautiful muffins, I always used to envy them and I used to wonder if I could make muffins in the microwave. I was searching for a muffin mould for quite some time and I finally got it in Nuts & Spices, Chennai.

I decided to use a ready mix since I was already experimenting it by trying it in the microwave. I used Betty Crocker Chocolate Chunk Muffin Mix since it was the only one that was available in Nuts & Spices.

The following is a picture of a Micowave Muffin Mould taken from Google Image Search. The mould is usually available in either round or heart shape and is usually in blue color. The mould is available in a pack of 6.



I was not able to take a picture of my muffin since they were all eaten within minutes :-) So here we go with the recipe:

Ingredients

Betty Crocker Chocolate Chunk Muffin 1 packet
Butter - 2 tbsp
Chocolate Sauce or Flakes - For Decoration

Preparation

Make the muffin batter as per the specification given in the pack. Rub butter on the muffin mould's. Pour the muffin batter to half of the mould. You can keep up to 6 moulds in the microwave at a time. Microwave on 60% Power for 3 minutes and on 100% Power for 1 minutes. The number of minutes may vary (mostly by a minute) depending upon your microwave power and the batter that you pour into the moulds. Remove them from the microwave and sprinkle some chocolate flakes or drip some chocolate sauce.

These muffins were a little bit hard when compared to oven baked muffins yet it tasted good. The best part was it took less than 15 minutes to make muffins.

Muffins are ready and yummy!!!

Ramya

1 comment:

jayasree said...

finally u got around to post the recipe. Hope to see the pics soon... Less cooking time in MW makes it more appealing

Similar Posts