Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Home Made Panner...

It has been quite hectic the last couple of days. I have now finally shifted my residence to a better locality. The shifting resulted in my Microwave not functioning. I registered a complaint with IFB on 8th May only to get it resolved today after several rounds of talking to them.

Till now I have not got my BSNL Broadband connection. This is in spite of the fact that the BSNL Chief lives in the next block. Well I guess thats how it is. So for the time being holding up with Tata Indicom Data Card which downloads 1Kb/minute...so you can imagine how irritating it can be.

So now coming back to my cooking part. I did not try out any new recipes. I made some Panneer (Cottage Cheese) yesterday. It turned out to be soft and good. This was my first take at making Panneer.

Ingredients

Milk
Lemon Juice of 1 Lemon or Old Panneer Bits

Preparation

Boil Milk. As it nears the boiling stage i.e. when it starts bubbling..reduce the heat to simmer and add the juice of a lemon. Keep stirring till the milk curdles and starts separating out. This usually takes some time. (Since I did not have much time, I put in some Old Panneer bits and it instantly curdled). Take a cheesecloth (I used a cotton towel). Pour the curdled milk in the cloth and tie it tightly so that all the water gets separated to form Panneer. I usually keep a bowl under the cloth and collect the water. I read in a magazine that this water has lot of proteins and it can be used for making gravies. After 1 hour, keep a heavy book or box on top of the cloth. This will help in flattening the panneer. After 30 minutes remove it from the cloth and refrigerate it. (Do not freeze it).

Homemade Panneer is ready and Yummy!!!

1 comment:

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Home amde paneer always turns out soft and healthy moreover fresh too!!! We can control the calories by using low fat milk!!!

Similar Posts