Simple tips are always welcomed by anyone. One of the sections that I dont miss out in the magazines is the Tips section. But the problem I was facing was I would read a tip and later would forget the exact tip and in which magazine I read it. I decided to jot down the tips that worked for me. So here we go with some of them:
1. If you add bay leaves to the container in which you store flour, it will remain free from moisture.
2. Chill onions in the refrigerator before cutting, to avoid tears.
3. Adding some vinegar while washing green vegetables will ensure that they are germ free.
4. By accident if you put extra salt into any dish, add one teaspoon of brown sugar to neutralize the excess.
5. To clean a non stick pan without scraping, dump a few onion peels, add 1tsp vinegar and half a cup of water. Bring to boil, cover and set aside for 10 minutes. Wash the pan with this liquid before washing it with mild detergent.
6. Use a steel knife to cut brinjals and plantains to avoid blackening.
7. To remove odors from flask, put half a cup of vinegar in it and wash with cold water after half hour. You can also put some sugar crystals in it after drying.
8. To prevent pages of old books from turning brittle and brown, sprinkle vibuthi or grey ash. The pages will retain their strength.
9. To remove odours from refrigerators, add 4 tsps of mustard seeds to 3/4th cup water and keep in refrigerator. The smell will go away.
10. If at any time you have run out of onions or onion paste, replace it with ginger juice and asafoetida. It gives the same flavor.