Monday, March 2, 2009

Banana Walnut Muffin




I am in New Jersey now for a quick official trip. This was an opportunity for me to catch up with Dad who lives over here every alternate month. After all the baking that I do in my microwave, I was tempted to make some muffins (one of my fav) in the oven. I had saved a couple of muffin recipes from magazines. Banana is my dad's fav fruit. I added Walnuts for the crunch. So here we go with the recipe:

Ingredients

All purpose flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Baking powder - 1 tbsp
Salt - a pinch
Flaxseed (instead of 1 egg) - 1 tbsp mixed with 1/4 cup water
Milk (I used 2%) - 3/4 cup
Banana (mashed) - 1
Walnut (broken into small pieces) - 1/4 cup
Canola Oil - 1/4 cup

Preparation

Preheat oven at 350F for 15 minutes. In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, mashed banana, walnut. In a different bowl (or blender) mix flaxseed, oil, milk and water thoroughly. (I had minimal kitchen equipment so could not blend it). Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until moistened. Grease the muffin pan. (I used Pam). Fill the muffin cups 2/3rds full. Bake for 20 minute or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow it to cool for a couple of minutes.

Banana Walnut Muffins are Ready and Yummy!!!

3 comments:

Usha said...

Hope you have a good trip, Ramya. The banana muffin looks inviting !

Malar Gandhi said...

aEnjoy ur stay with Pappa...muffin looks great, love the idea banana and walnuts...good entry.

vidhas said...

i love muffins, i love you have replaced egg. Surely will gie a try.

Similar Posts